Friday, May 8, 2015

Good Day Sunshine

4/27/15

Today is dreary, wet, dark, windy, disorganized, quiet...a classic April Monday. I am sunburnt from the weekend's baseball game, so I'm simultaneously sweaty and shivering. What a combination...

These kinds of days used to be spent at a campus apartment in a room overflowing with Neil Gaiman, boxes of saffron tea, half-finished writing projects, skeins of yarn, books upon books upon books,  piles of shoes, West Wing re-runs. 

Now they're spent dutifully in an office, playing dress-up with black slacks and white button-downs, hair twirled up, pearls in my ears. Later tonight, I will drive to my graystone house on the hill and be glad for the greeting of a slobbery dog, for my husband's welcoming smile. 

But right now, I'd rather visit that campus apartment and watch some West Wing.

No comments:

Post a Comment