Wednesday, March 23, 2011

X Marks The Spot

You need to know - first and foremost - that I don't have it all together.
I don't have all the answers, only more questions than can ever be asked.
Don't be disappointed if I can't give an eloquent, totally fulfilling response to any of the great mysteries of life and - dare I say it? - I'm fine if you think that a conversation about coffee is irrelevant to self-confidence.

Because the truth is that I'm clumping along on this journey...quest...life thing just like you.

Still want to read on?

Good call.

Because the truth is that we all have something to learn from each other, whether it's learning to stand up for your own God-given dignity or just how to whip up the most spectacular cup of vanilla ice cream coffee ever created.

(But may I suggest that you never, ever underestimated the power of coffee. There's just something about sugared-up caffeine typhooning through the blood stream that makes even a gray Monday afternoon hyperactively glorious. More on that later.)

Agree? Then you and I will be good travel companions - or, at least, we'll have fun discussing the finer points of bad coffee, good books and the glorious - and sometimes painful - lessons of adulthood.

We may not have our destination in view or know how we will ever reach our goals, but who's to say we won't land on the moon and reach the stars, too? Perhaps you'll come to see that the big X you've been looking for all your life, the one that points you to the exact location of the place where you are meant to be, is

right 
where 
you 
are 
standing.

But you'll never realize that if you persist in looking for miracles and wonders everywhere else but here. The future starts right now, my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words Emily! Its taken many years but I am starting to appreciate the value of coffee in my life. :) Celeste

    ReplyDelete